“Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her.” Hosea 2:14
Taking its name from the Exodus experience of the Jewish people from slavery and debasement into the Promised Land, Entering Canaan accompanies those who have suffered abortion on a Sacramental Journey into the Promised Land of the Heart of Jesus.
Those who join in this journey of faith, find hope and confidence in the fact that regardless of how long their healing takes, or the battles of healing they need to engage in, they have a community of people to whom they can turn in time of need, many who have gone before them and who will be there for them unconditionally, to encourage them on the way to true healing .
Entering Canaan is a multi-faceted approach to healing consisting of:
- Beginning the Journey: Days of Prayer & Healing, the message of hope for those hurting
- Fighting the Battles: Monthly Gatherings (groups) addressing specific post abortion issues
- Hope & Healing Weekends : delving more deeply into the wounds
- Special Gatherings: Advent, Mother’s Day etc
- Mercy Retreats: Yearly renewal retreats to aid in continued growth and healing
All retreats include witnesses of mercy, scripture sharing, personal prayer and quiet time, opportunity for Sacramental Confession and the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.